Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy
The Guest House understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data. This document sets out our policy on how we will use and protect your personal information.
How we collect data
The data we collect is provided to us by you or an agent/representative acting on your behalf . It is collected either when you send us an email, contact us by telephone or letter or it is provided in person.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Information required to complete a booking:
- The full name and address of the person making the booking
- The email address of the person making the booking
- The telephone numbers of the person making the booking
- The names of all guests staying as part of the booking
The following information can also be provided but is not mandatory:
- Any additional information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent to your stay (e.g. food or other allergies, dietary requirements, special requirements, etc.)
- If you provide Credit/debit card details over the telephone or in person these will be entered directly into our card payment terminal and processed unless you specifically request that your payment is taken at a later date. In this instance your card details will be stored in paper form in a secure location that can only be accessed by authorized personnel, your card details will be kept separately and securely from other information that could identify the card as belonging to you and the details of your card will be destroyed using a security grade shredder as soon as the card details have been processed via our card payment terminal.
How we store your data and keep it secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store your information in a secure manner and prevent its loss or misuse. As proprietors, we take our legal obligations to protect your data very seriously.
Where you choose to pay us by credit or debit card using our processing terminal, we will have a printed receipt slip that contains details of the amount paid and some card details. This receipt slip is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. The slip is kept separately from any other information that could identify the card as belonging to an individual. Card payment slips are only kept for as long as is reasonable for accounting purposes and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
On arrival, we require you to verify your identity and booking details by signing a printed registration form that includes the personal information you have provided (or has been provided by an agent/representative acting on your behalf). This registration form is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. This form is kept for a period of not less than 12 months and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
The holding and use of personal information is regulated by the data Protection Act 1998 (superceded by the General Data Protection Regulation from 25.05.18)
Using your personal information
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and is intended to improve your experience.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your booking and provide confirmation details
- Obtain payments for our services via credit/debit card
- Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or post.
- Provide information that may be useful to you
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you on check-out
Disclosures and Data Storage
We will not store or process your personal information outside the United Kingdom. Other than this, we may disclose your personal data as required by law to any third parties. Your personal information will not be shared to any third party for marketing purposes.
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity ( e.g. a photocopy of your passport or photo driving licence certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
You also have the right to request that we delete and destroy your personal data. Subject to providing evidence of your identity (see above) we will be happy to comply with a request to delete your data.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.